How To Geocache on the Armstrong GeoTrail
- Get your Official ACGT passport! Go to www.geocaching.com Log in or register for a free account.
- Click “Hide & Seek a Cache.”
- Enter an Armstrong County postal code or address and click “Search.”
- Choose any geocache from the list beginning with ACGT and click on its name.
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS device.
- Use your GPS device to help you find the hidden geocache.
- Once the cache is found, punch your passport, sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
- Be sure to log your finds on www.geocaching.com
- After you find 20, stop in the Tourist Bureau for a special coin.
- Find us on Facebook, become a fan and join our discussion of the trail.
** There will be 5 loaner GPS units at the Armstrong County Tourist Bureau office for those who do not own a GPS unit. A deposit will be required to rent a GPS, which will be returned to you upon the return of the GPS unit.
Available at the following locations:
Armstrong County Tourist Bureau
125 Market Street
Kittanning, PA 16201
The River’s Edge Canoe and Kayak
3158 River Road
Leechburg, PA 15656
7am-7pm, 7 days a week!
Transues Bait and Tackle
319 BUTLER RD.
KITTANNING, PA 16201
Call us to have a Passport Book sent to you 1-888-265-9954
The nature of the sport of geocaching is such that trails, locations, and game pieces are often at the mercy of the elements and the non-geocaching public. All participants must understand that geocaching, as well as hiking, backpacking and other outdoor activities involve risk to both persons and property. There are many variables including, but not limited to, weather, fitness level, terrain features and outdoor experience, that must be considered prior to seeking a cache. Be prepared for your journey and be sure to check the current weather and conditions before heading outdoors. Always exercise common sense and caution.
In no way shall the County of Armstrong, Armstrong County Tourist Bureau nor any agent, Board Member, employee, participating landowner/ manager, or volunteer be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with the participation in the Armstrong GeoTrail or the use of the information provided by this project.