2022 Armstrong County Gateway Clipper Cruise
Experience early autumn in Armstrong County aboard “The Princess!”
Join Experience Armstrong, Inc. for the 2022 Armstrong County Gateway Clipper Cruise! This event will highlight Armstrong County’s natural beauty, the importance of the Allegheny River to the area, and the revival of our tight-knit communities. We’ll be launching the Princess from Freeport’s Riverside Park and touring along the Allegheny River for three different cruises throughout the day — a breakfast cruise, an afternoon sightseeing cruise, and a sunset dinner cruise.
- The breakfast cruise and dinner cruise will be two and a half hours long, and the afternoon sightseeing cruise will be two hours long.
- A snack bar and cash bar will be available on the afternoon sightseeing cruise. Meals, one complimentary beverage per attendee, and a cash bar are included on the breakfast and dinner cruises.
- The menu for the breakfast cruise includes scrambled eggs, honey maple sausage links, potatoes O’Brien, assorted breakfast danishes, seasonal fruit and fresh strawberries, orange juice, and regular and decaf coffee.
- The menu for the dinner cruise includes sautéed chicken breast with bacon mustard cream sauce, rosemary and garlic roasted pork loin with jus lie, traditional rice pilaf, penne pasta with tomato basil sauce, baby carrots with honey and brown sugar glaze, garden salad with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, green peppers, black olives, green olives, pepperoncini peppers, shredded cheddar cheese, and croutons, bakery fresh rolls and creamy butter, coffee and tea, and dessert (TBD).
- The afternoon sightseeing cruise will have family-friendly entertainment on board.
- The dinner cruise will have entertainment on board.
- Guests must be 21 years of age to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages.
- Free parking is available off-site, and shuttle service will be provided from the parking area to the loading site at Riverside Park to minimize traffic congestion and allow attendees to spend time exploring Freeport before or after their cruise. Handicap parking is available near the boarding location. Please note if someone in your party requires handicap parking.
Price and Time
- 9:30 AM-12 PM | Breakfast Cruise | $55
- 1:30-3:30 PM | Afternoon Sightseeing Cruise | $35 for adults, $25 for children
- 6-8:30 PM | Sunset Dinner Cruise | $75
Update: Tickets for all three cruises have sold out. If you’d like to be added to a waitlist or contacted for future cruises, please call us at 724-543-4003. This event will be held rain or shine. No refunds will be given. Ticket transfers are permitted but are the responsibility of the ticket holder.
About The Princess
The Gateway Princess is a 120-feet long, 35-feet wide all-steel traditional paddle wheel-style riverboat. With floor-to-ceiling windows, the Princess allows passengers to have incredible views of the foliage along the Allegheny riverbanks. The Princess joined the Gateway Clipper fleet in 1999.