2023 Armstrong County Gateway Clipper Cruise
Experience Armstrong County aboard “The Duchess!”
Join Experience Armstrong, Inc. for the 2023 Armstrong County Gateway Clipper Cruise! This event will highlight Armstrong County’s natural beauty, the importance of the Allegheny River to the area, and the revival of our tight-knit communities. We’ll be launching the Duchess from Freeport’s Riverside Park and touring along the Allegheny River on four two-hour sightseeing cruises throughout the day.
- Each sightseeing cruise will be two hours long.
- A concession stand and cash bar will be available on all cruises.
- The last cruise from 6-8 PM will include entertainment featuring The Impromptus acoustic band on board.
- Guests must be 21 years of age to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages.
- Free parking is available off-site at the Laube Hall event lot, 115 Community Park Rd, Freeport, PA 16229, and shuttle services will be provided to the boarding area. Shuttles will run back and forth from the parking area to the loading site at Riverside Park to minimize traffic congestion and allow attendees to spend time exploring Freeport before or after their cruise. Handicap parking is available near the boarding location, Riverside Dr & 6th St, Freeport, PA 16229. Transportation accommodations will be provided for those needing assistance from the handicap parking lot.
Price and Time
- First Sailing: 9-11 AM | $48
- Second Sailing: 12-2 PM | $48
- Third Sailing: 3-5 PM | $48
- Fourth Sailing: 6-8 PM | $48
Ticket sales start on July 19, 2023, and will continue until sold out. This event will be held rain or shine. No refunds will be given. Ticket transfers are permitted but are the responsibility of the ticket holder.
About The Duchess
The Gateway Duchess was built in Dubuque, Iowa in 1965. She is 125 feet long and 35 feet wide. This vessel operated in both Cleveland and Philadelphia before it was acquired by the Gateway Clipper Fleet in 1975. When this vessel arrived in Pittsburgh, she was christened the “Liberty Belle” in honor of our nation’s Bicentennial in 1976. In 2008, the Liberty Belle was rechristened the Duchess in celebration of the Gateway Clipper Fleet’s 50th Anniversary. Take a Virtual Tour on the Gateway Clipper Fleet’s website!